1924 riveted steel yacht built in germany

Antworten
jeff dardozzi

1924 riveted steel yacht built in germany

Beitrag von jeff dardozzi » So 31. Aug 2003, 19:17

Greetings:

My apologies for use of english but my german is so bad no one would understand my problem.

I have come to be the owner of a beautiful 16m riveted steel hull of a yacht that was built in Danzig in 1924. I would like to identify the designer and locate original drawing for her if possible. Could anyone offer advice on how to go about researching this. After all, how many 16m steel yacht could have been built in 1924? I will be in Germany this November.

Danke!

Jeff Dardozzi
jdardozzi@hotmail.com
Ingo List

Re: 1924 riveted steel yacht built in germany

Beitrag von Ingo List » So 31. Aug 2003, 21:09

In fact we have 205 yachts that were build in 1924 and were registered in germany. Look at

http://www.fky.org/prestodata/search.ph ... config=sch

and type at both "Baujahr von" and "Baujahr bis" 1924. The main problem is that we don't have the length of the boats in our register for this decade. So you need the class, the name of boat or shipyard or the sailnumber.
Perhaps look for the class of 10 KR or 11 KR. The KR-formula was invented in the 50th, but some older ships were re-measured.

If you have any more information, i can try to help you with your search.

Ingo
Jeff Dardozzi

Re: 1924 riveted steel yacht built in germany

Beitrag von Jeff Dardozzi » Sa 13. Sep 2003, 06:29

Ingo:

Thank you for your help. The only additional information I can provide at this time is a photo of the hull and its dimensions. Would there be anyway to narrow the list of yards down since she was constructed of steel and not wood? Do drawing or prints exist for any of the yachts listed in the archive?

The only thing I know is that she was built in and hailed from Danzig. She was war booty for the Soviets and later used by some communist party official to defect to sweden.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff Dardozzi
Antworten