Naupert Werft

André bauer

Re: Naupert Werft

Beitrag von André bauer » Sa 7. Jan 2017, 09:28

Hello,

try the Lloyd's Register of yachts. There are ALL yachts listed till 1978.
Or find a maritime yacht museum as the classic boat museum in Cowes, Isle of Wight.
They often have archives, where you can find hardback bounded editions of magazines as Yachting World annual or The Yachtman's annual.

Best regards,
André
Gruß,
André

V98 Seebrise
www.bauer-naval-design.de
www.v98-seebrise.de (noch nicht umgezogen)
Kri2202

Beitrag von Kri2202 » Sa 7. Jan 2017, 13:07

Thanks for your answer

I tried the Lloyd's Register, but I had no answer. And I know Huntress was registered and had an insurance in Lloyd's of London between 1952 and 1960 (more or less).
Does the Lloyd's know the whole history of the boat?

I tought I can find some information about this ship in some Jahrbuch listed in Yachtsportmuseum, but I don't know if she was ever registered in a Yacht Club in Germany.

Do you think a 12.90 meters long yacht can participate in a regatta between 20s and 30s?Is it possible?

Thanks a lot! I don't know so much about historical vessel, but I really LOVE this boat and I wanna try her owner keeping her alive.
André bauer

Beitrag von André bauer » Sa 7. Jan 2017, 15:20

Lloyd's is nowadays a classification society for commercial ships and yachts.
But they do offer a research service at this site:
http://www.lrfoundation.org.uk/public_e ... h-service/
As far as I know, every change such as new owners, new certificates in the boats history where recorded.
For my boat, built at A&R in 1937, in British royal navy service from 1946 to 1978 home ports and certificates are recorded.
It has a similar length as Huntress, but the class of German square metre cruisers was introduced in 1928 first.
Huntress will be a single type boat probably.
For sure there were Regattas with that boat sizes, but I don't know much about the Regatta scene of that time.
I strongly believe, you must first find out where the boat has been that time, then you might find more information.
Gruß,
André

V98 Seebrise
André bauer

Beitrag von André bauer » Sa 7. Jan 2017, 15:51

Lloyd's has also published the register in books. Search in second hand book shops or online.
German shops register their books at this site:
www.zvab.com/
But without knowing which year book contains information about the boat, you'll probably buy a complete set from 1922 to 1978 and you won't be bored over the next year as there is a lot to read...
Gruß,
André

V98 Seebrise
rw

Beitrag von rw » Sa 7. Jan 2017, 15:53

> Do you think a 12.90 meters long yacht can
> participate in a regatta between 20s and 30s?Is it
> possible?

Yes, of course, but the boat was declared as "Tourenkreuzer", a cruise yacht. So I do not expect that Licia participated in other than local or regional competitions. There have been (and still there are) some such competitions on the Weser, but I haven't found published the results of these times in the web.
Kri2202

Beitrag von Kri2202 » Sa 7. Jan 2017, 18:17

I wrote some times ago to Lloyd's Register Foundation, but they said to me they cannot help me.

They suggest to contact the Lloyd's insurance market, and so I did. But I never had an answer.
The Lloyd's Register are also scanned and on line, but not for the years I'm interested.

Thanks André, I'll search for the papery book; I'm sure Huntress was insured in 1952 by Gordon Gaskill, her owner at that time. I think this may be the better way to find out some other news about Huntress.

I'll let you know how this search goes on! Without your help I cannot go very far :)
oltmann

Beitrag von oltmann » So 8. Jan 2017, 13:40

Hello Kri2202

I did some research on the person of Emil Naupert in different sources. The best of them was the state archive of Bremen.
Indeed, Naupert is known as the owner of the shipyard near A&R, which he managed at first with Meyer, a colleague of him from his time at A&R.
The shipyard got lost by a fire in the end of 1923 (Naupert himself mentioned 1924).
Naupert was born in Hamburg, learned in the boatyard of van Hacht, made his degree as shipbuilding-engeneer and went to a yard in Bremerhaven, then to A&R.
After his yard was lost, he was jobless, worked at the Bremer Vulkan, and started his carreer as teacher for maritime professions in the later city-quarters of Bremen-Nord, in Blumenthal and Aumund.
In 1942 he became the director of the first school for maritime professions in whole Germany, in Bremen-Burg. The school was closed in 1945 and because Naupert was close to the ideology of the Nazis, he did not get a job after the war.
First he had to convince a state committee, that he was not a "real Nazi", which succeeded. In the early 1950-years he started as maritime teacher in Bremen-Aumund again.

Interesting for You of course is his time with his yard. But although I know nearly every month of his life, I do not know much about his yard (except of what was already reported in this forum and maybe a little bit more).
Interesting for You will be, that during his jobless-time he trained other young jobless people to become a boatbuilder. The results of the examinations were ... ship-models. And because Naupert was part of the honorary staff of the local museum for Vegesack and the surrounding, all the ship-models went to this museum. And can be seen until today over there!
It could be possible, that Your yacht is part of the collection. I am quite sure.

It is not only that You are interested in informations about Naupert, I am as well.

Because my research is in German and fills a lot of pages, so it will not be possible to transfer it to You - and it is not finished yet.
But I will be able to send You some dates and stations of his life and I can send You pictures from the local museum. If You have any name from the first owner, I will do some research for You, whether the family still exists.

Please let me know how we can communicate directly.

Best regards coming from Jürgen
Kri2202

Beitrag von Kri2202 » So 8. Jan 2017, 16:55

Dear Mr. Jürgen

thanks a lot for the very interesting information you give me! It's more than what I expected.
I congratulate for your research, it seems very well done, and I'm happy and honored you offer to help me.
It would be wonderful if we could find Huntress's model.

My personal e-mail adress is cristina_marziali@yahoo.it, please write me. Hope I can help you too in finding other details about Naupert's life and his beautiful ship.

Grazie mille e a presto! Cristina

Kri2202

Beitrag von Kri2202 » So 8. Jan 2017, 16:56

Only now I find out how can I edit pictures in this forum...:P
You all are so kind with, so I'm very proud to share with you a picture of Huntress :)
Dateianhänge
huntressII0519_4802.jpg
huntressII0519_4802.jpg (590.18 KiB) 5217 mal betrachtet
Antworten